Voting

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Here - The Best Book in the World!


So, the most awesome book arrived for me today! I'm just thrilled. Why, you ask? Well let me tell you. When you have to read labels on almost every product you buy to make sure that there are no allergens in it, grocery shopping can be quite time consuming.

Well my friends, that is all about to change! Cecilia's Marketplace Gluten/Casein Free version arrived today. It is a handy dandy little book that lists all the GFCF products in the supermarket by food category. So if you are looking for GFCF bacon, you flip to the "B" section of the book, look for "bacon" and underneath the heading there will be a list of brands that are safe to eat for the folks on this diet.

I absolutely love it! I have so many more recipes I can make now without having to wonder where I'm going to find the ingredients. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised how many brands are GFCF. My head is buzzing with all the treats I can make for Logan now. First up, GFCF Rice Crispy bars!

Shopping is going to go so much faster and be so much easier. Also, the fact that this book is so small and will fit in my purse is a huge bonus. Ending on a great note, I'm going to post my GFCF Tater Tot casserole recipe. Enjoy!


GFCF Tater Tot Casserole

Ingredients:
1 bag Ore-Ida Tater Tots
10 oz of Imagine brand cream of mushroom soup (Super Walmart carries this brand)
1 red onion chopped
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup grated Vegan gourmet cheddar cheese (optional)
Olive oil cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 F. While the oven is heating up, brown ground beef in a skillet and add the chopped onion and 10 oz of cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 the bag of tater tots. Cook for about 5 minutes then pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with the remaining tater tots and 1/2 cup of grated vegan cheese and put in the oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes. (Honestly, the vegan cheese tastes just like regular cheese in this recipe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment