Voting

Monday, February 1, 2010

Daddy's 31st Birthday

Mike celebrated his golden birthday (31) yesterday. It was a quiet affair held at home. I made a special dinner of jalapeno and cheddar jack stuffed hamburgers and salad. I also made a gluten free/casein free yellow cake with chocolate frosting for a birthday dessert. Thanks Betty Crocker!

The kids really enjoyed singing "Happy Birthday" to Daddy and watching him blow out the candles. Of course, their favorite part was actually eating the yummy birthday cake. I got some great shots of them with their messy, cute little chocolate faces. :)

We didn't make a big fuss this year because Mike and I are going on a snowboarding trip with our friends Chris and Tracy on Feb. 5th-7th. This is going to be his big birthday celebration! It should be fun and we are both very excited to go and have some mommy and daddy time and hang out with friends.

We got an awesome deal on a cabin up at Lutsen so we will be hanging out in the winter wonderland and snowboarding all day and then will come back to chill and watch movies, play games and share some adult beverages with our friends. I can't wait, although I know by the end of day one I will be missing my kiddos. Stay tuned for pics from that upcoming vacation!

Happy Birthday Mike! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment