Voting

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lily's Big Girl Bed Is Set Up!

Tonight we set up Lily's toddler bed. Both kids were ecstatic about this. Poor daddy was in the room trying to put the bed together and both kids were hovering around him. I would kick them out only to have them sneak back in moments later.

Not surprisingly, Logan cut his foot while daddy was busy setting up the toddler bed. Feet kissing and band aids ensued. He was fine after that and continued to interupt the process. Finally I distracted them both by putting on Dora the Explorer and we watched Olympic bobsledding.


Daddy finally got the bed all set up and the kids just had a blast! Lily would crawl up and down, up and down, and then jump off. Logan remembered his toddler bed even though it had been slipcovered. He had a hard time when we told him that it was now Lily's bed. He insisted on going under her quilt and pretended to be "sleeping". He also push his sister off her new bed and hit her when she tried to climb back up. There was a time out, some tears and some explaining that his bed is a true "big boy" bed and Lily's bed is really meant for babies learning to sleep in a bed instead of a crib.

I think he has let go but it could be an interesting week. So far, things have been good. With her newfound freedom she was up playing until 9 pm and Mike and I had to go up several times to "regulate" but she did finally get pooped out and is now sleeping peacefully. I just hope it is for the entire night!


Lily is just so happy to be in a big girl bed! She was so excited that this was her new bed and I'm glad that she is getting so big. Still, sometimes I just can't believe how fast time goes and that my baby is now two. The crib days are now officially over and that is bittersweet to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment