Voting

Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue's Clues Birthday - Lily is Two!


On Saturday, February 27th we had friends and family join us for Lily's 2nd birthday party. It was a Blue's Clues theme because she absolutely adores the show. I made chocolate cupcakes with blue frosting (all GFCF of course), puppy chow, purple punch and dog treat cookies. Mike made his amazing guacamole which we served with yummy tortilla chips. We had hot dogs and french fries for lunch because
I wanted the meal to be very kid friendly! I loved watching all the kiddos chow down on the cupcakes and cookies. I'm sure they all slept well after her party after crashing from the sugar high.


I decorated with blue and purple balloons and streamers and made a Blue's Clues poster because I couldn't find one anywhere! Not even online! I also had a blue pail and purple shovel with purple flowers for a centerpiece. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Blue's Clues, shovel and pail are characters from the show.


We had 10 kids at the birthday party and it was an absolute zoo! It was so fun to hear all the giggling and watch the kids play together. I loved how the kids played upstairs and downstairs, jumped on the beds and made a general ruckus. We even played a game of "blue's clues" and it was a blast to watch the kids find the clues and follow them to their surprises!



Lily loved all her presents and we had a great time opening them together. She loved her Dora doll, her crown and barbie shoes, the minivan....basically everything. We took some of the toys away and put them in storage so we have new toys to open in a few weeks. :)

We are incredibly blessed to have such great friends and family come over and brave the craziness of a child's birthday party. All the parents and granparents were great sports and it made for a very memorable birthday! On top of the great company, we had fantastic sunny weather. The snow is melting, spring is just around the corner and I have a few new things to keep Logan and Lily entertained during these last few weeks of cabin fever.

The kids were really hyped up at the end of the birthday party. Logan and Lily were playing with the streamers and balloons and roughhousing with each other. Logan was also wearing Lily's Tiara and calling himself handsome. She also was wearing it and had to put her new barbie heels on over her footie jammies! Overall it was a lovely end to a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment