Of course, I had to take the decorations down while he was at preschool because I tried doing a little bit on Sunday and he got upset and told me "stop mommy!" I figured it would be the easiest way for all involved parties. Mike wouldn't have to watch me get frustrated untangling the lights and shoving things into bins, Logan wouldn't have to watch Christmas go away and Lily wouldn't be underfoot "helping."
Although the season is over, I have to show you the effort I put into Christmas decorating every year. In our house it is a process. It takes a whole day, sometimes more. I love to make real swags and wreaths from evergreens, shrubs and pinecones. I even made a pine cone wreath last year that usually is hung in our family room but I spruce it up with a big red bow for Christmas.Of course I get a little help from the lovely plastic poinsettias and holly but I'd use real ones if I knew they weren't going to die from the frigid temperatures!
Our Christmas tree is always proudly displayed in our family room which looks like a log cabin so we decorate the tree in the old fashioned, country style. I love the look of white lights and homespun decorations. I usually even string popcorn and put it on the tree but there wasn't enough time for that this year. However, I have a feeling it will be a sit down project for me and the kiddos next year. I'm not a totally mean mama. I know how much kids like colored lights so Logan got his very own mini Christmas tree with colored lights. He loves it, in fact I still haven't had the heart to take it down yet. Maybe by the end of January. ;)
I also have lots of Christmas candles, decorated prop presents, garlands, snow globes, and wooden Santas. I love having collections of little things around the house and I even bought wooden nutcrackers at the after Christmas sales so I will be adding them to the decor next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment