Voting

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Learning to Skate

Mike and I bought Logan some ice skates in mid-December and after the holiday season ended we've been making an effort to take him skating once or twice a week. So far, he is doing pretty good!

He likes to hang on to a chair and push it or sometimes he will hang on to mommy's hand and march. The other night he even skated by himself for about four feet before falling on his bottom. He doesn't like falling, and he has to be in the mood to skate. So far, I think his favorite part of going to the rink is being pushed around the rink in a chair by Daddy. He also really loves the warming house and watching the big boys play hockey.

Lily likes to walk on the rink in her boots and be pushed around in the chair as well. I think we will get her on skates next winter. I'm hoping that she will want to rock figure skates instead of hockey skates but since she is quite the little brute we will have to wait and see. :)

They both have fun going to the rink and it is great exercise for Mike and me too. It reminds me of skating outdoors during my childhood and I hope that we are creating wonderful memories for Logan. I can't wait until the day it just clicks and he takes off around the rink!

No comments:

Post a Comment