Voting

Friday, January 22, 2010

Cold Play


The kiddos have really loved playing outdoors in the snow this year! We get all bundled up and play in the snowbanks out front or make snow angels on the driveway. We've had ample snow this year so Logan has helped me dig a tunnel that he and Lily like to crawl through. They also love to play "King of the Mountain".

Of course, Lily needs a lot of help getting up onto the snowbank but once she is up there she has a great time trying to do whatever Logan is doing. We were having loads of fun pretending to tumble down the mountain. Mommy would roll down the snowbank and Logan would say "I'll save you! Take my hand!" and then he would pull me up to safety. It's great to see him use his imagination. :)


We also love to make a bunch of snow angels on the driveway after new snowfall. Even Lily has tried to get in on the action and it is really cute to see their little snow angels compared to my big ones. I forgot how much fun it is to play outside and I'm glad that my kids have reminded me!

We've also done a ton of sledding and I can honestly say, I never get tired of it. It is so much fun to see my brave little ones flying down the hill and yelling with delight. Logan doesn't even hesitate to go by himself and he was even racing some other kids that were sledding too.
I like to sled too so you can often see me flying down the hill too.

I think by next year, both Logan and Lily will be old enough to go on some really steep and big hills. There is a golf course in Columbia Heights that is known for it's awesome sledding and also Elm Creek Park Reserve has a few great hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment