Voting

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Total Tightwad

I'm a huge fan of saving money. Most of the furniture in our house was purchased from Craigslist, or a garage sale and refinished by me or built by my husband. Kohl's is my favorite store because of their clearance racks and I buy the majority of my kiddos clothes from garage sales or consignment shops.

I have discovered a book called "The Tightwad Gazette" it is pretty funny and it has lots of money saving tips. Check it out, I'm sure it is at your local library. Some of the stuff is a bit off the wall but there is actual good advice in there too.

Anyway, the local consignment shop, Sassy Seconds and More is having their 50% off sale on January 16th. I think I will be going to buy some clothes a size up for Logan and Lily to wear next year. I don't think spending $20 a child is too much so I'm looking forward to this sale! :) http://www.sassysecondsandmore.com/

The Albertville Outlet Mall is having huge sales and I got a couple of scores from Old Navy there. Just thought I would pass along the info. Also, the Maple Grove Goodwill is pretty awesome and has a lot of gently used ladies clothing and I've gotten a few really nice sweaters there.

I also love Old Navy Weekly! In fact, I just now got a coupon for spend $75 get $15 off! I think I can live with that! :) I think I will be taking Mike to get him some more pants, he needs a couple more pairs of jeans. www.oldnavyweekly.com. Check it out it is fun, you have to find the hidden coupons!

I also love, Coupons.com! www.coupons.com. They always have really great grocery coupons that you can use at any retailer because they are from the manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment