We had an absolutely blessed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year. As is our tradition, I hosted Christmas Eve for my side of the family! This year we had a new guest, Bree, who is my brother's girlfriend and we were happy to have her. :) I made a big ham dinner with au gratin potatoes and salad. For dessert we had apple pie and French Silk pie, which Lily really loved. Just like her mama!
After supper, we opened presents and the kids just had a fantastic time ripping into all the gifts they received. I have to admit, I think we all went a little overboard this year due to all of the good deals that were out there! Uncle Ross and Bree also found some really neat toys for the kids and I'm sure they will be well occupied for the rest of the winter.
After the excitement of opening gifts we all had a glass of wine and relaxed and watched the children play with all of their new stuff. Finally, when our guests left Logan and Lily got on their Christmas jammies. I get them each a couple new pairs of jammies every year to open on Christmas Eve and wear to bed so they look cute for Santa!
Logan and Lily both helped me bake Christmas cookies the day before Christmas Eve and Logan helped me put them out with a glass of milk for Santa before heading to bed. The kids both went to sleep so quickly because they were all tuckered out from the festivities!
The next morning they were up bright and early. We heard them stirring upstairs and Mike got pictures of them coming down the stairs Christmas morning! Logan actually got dressed before he came down. :) They both opened their gifts from Santa and each child got what they asked for!. Logan got Transformers and Lily got baby clothes, diapers and baby bottles. She also got a doll potty set to help motivate her to use the potty.
Later in the day we celebrated Christmas Day with the Partridge side of the family. We had ham dinner again and the kids played with their cousins. They both had such a good time playing and opening gifts. Logan and Jakob both got remote controlled cars that they sped up and down Grandma & Grandpa's hallway for a majority of the evening. Lily had a great time looking after baby Gavin and riding the vintage rocking horse.
Finally, we got the kids in their jammies and headed out for the long ride home. They both were very tired but not asleep when we got home and we put them straight to bed. Mike and I both got each other wonderful presents this year and I feel that we are so truly blessed to have both families to share the holidays with and that we were able to get our children so many wonderful toys.
We did go through and edit their toys after Christmas. The Good Will got three big bags full of gently used toys that Logan and Lily don't play with anymore, and I hope they find a home with another child. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment