Voting

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Skating, Skating, Skating!

The kids are doing such a great job learning how to skate! We are taking them to our indoor rink nearly every weekend and we've also been out on the outdoor rinks as well. Logan is doing particularly well using a balance bar that they have available at our local rink.

Initially, we thought we would wait until next year to get Lily on skates but I found a great deal on a used pair of figure skates and just had to get them for her! We put her on skates and she just loves it! She uses the balance bar to chase Logan around the rink and I have a feeling that these two will be skating on their own by the end of the winter. I'm pretty impressed how they both have taught themselves to push with their skates.

It is a really fun activity for Mike and I as well. Mike played hockey and I still figure skate so I enjoy being out on the ice. I can't wait to see if either one of them takes an interest in a skating sport. I hope so, but I don't want to push too hard. We did stay and watch a Pee-Wee hockey game after open skating and Logan was having a good time cheering for our team.

I'm hoping that as we introduce him to more hockey he will want try playing it. I would like Lily to either figure skate or play hockey too. I just hope that our kids pick up at least one winter sport to keep them busy through these cold months. I know one thing for sure, if you are going to live in Minnesota you better darn well learn to skate! :)

We are having a great time teaching the kids and they are having a great time learning. Grandpa even came out on the ice with us and it was really fun for the kids to skate with Grandpa. I hope that we can also have the kids go skating with their cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment