Voting

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bowling on NYE

Mike and I didn't have any plans for New Years Eve this year so we decided that we would have a family friendly NYE. It was a good thing we stayed close to home because we got hit with an ice and snow storm. I would have hated to be out on the road with the weather and those that were driving impaired.

We did something super fun that we never have done with the kids before...we went bowling! I can't believe how much fun the kids had. They used the bumpers and this little bowling ball ramp that helps the ball actually make it to the pins.

We used the 5 lb bowling ball for both Logan and Lily and they got such a kick out "bowling!" Logan was actually cheering "Go Mommy, Go Mommy" or "Go Daddy, Go Daddy" every time we were up. Logan loved knocking the pins down, although he didn't get any strikes. He was just in awe of the ball machine that brings the balls back. "How does it do that?"

We only bowled one game but it was a great way to teach our kids about taking turns and good sportsmanship. After bowling Mike went and got Thai food and we had a nice take out dinner. I admit it, we didn't even stay up until the New Year but somehow this was one of the best New Year's Eves I've had in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment