Voting

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MN Renaissance Festival

Mike and I decided to take Logan to the MN Renaissance Festival for the second time. The first time he went he was just a baby, but Mike and I enjoy going to the festival every few years so we took him. This time, it was so much more fun!

He was very interested in all the things going on and he was having so much fun being a "Knight". Grandma (S) bought him a little Knight outfit that she found at a thrift store thinking he could use it in the Kiddie parade for the Daze & Knights Festival. We didn't make it to that but we did end up using it for Ren Fest!

Logan was pretty good about people coming up and talking to him. Sometimes, he got a little nervous but I think any kid would be a little intimidated by funny talking grown ups in costume. Otherwise, he had so much fun! Logan wanted to go on the trampoline and was such a trooper. He was seriously brave...they strapped him into that harness and off he went to jump 20 feet in the air!

Another thing he loved was riding the elephant. He got to ride it once with mommy and once with daddy and had no fear! He just climbed up onto that elephant like it was the most natural of animals to ride. Not only did he ride big animals, he also checked out the medieval roller coasters they had available for the kids. He was such a good boy sitting and smiling for the camera each time he came around.

We also did a lot of eating. Logan loves corn on the cob and I think he ate two whole cobs of corn. Mommy and Daddy had delicious sweets like caramel apples and nut bars. I also couldn't resist getting a big Turkey leg. It is a must every time we visit. I think next year we will bring Lily, and I plan on dressing up with the kiddos. There are so many "spectators" that aren't really a part of the festival that dress up, it would be really fun to get into costuming each year with the kids. Well, until they think it is "geeky" anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment