Voting

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Partridge Family Pumpkin Carving

Every year, I enjoy carving Jack O Lanterns! It has been our tradition since we moved into our house 9 years ago. (I forced Mike to do it even when we didn't have kiddos.) Now that we've been blessed with our Logan and Lily, it has been one of the greatest joys I've gotten to experience as a mom. There is just something so fun about pulling out gushy, mushy pumpkin guts and cutting out silly faces.

This year, Logan really relished it. He pulled out those pumpkin guts with vigor and both of them picked out their own pattern. Logan wanted a skeleton and Lily wanted a spider. Of course, Mike and I did all the actual cutting but it was so much fun to have them participate in cleaning out the pumpkins.

I was brave enough to separate the seeds out from the guts this year and made some yummy baked pumpkin seeds. Just a dash of salt and pepper and they were delicious! :) Of course, this year we got a little extra mileage out of our pumpkins because I used the guts in Logan's spooky lab!

Anyway, we really enjoyed watching the kids get all messy and make a huge mess for that matter. ;D As we all know, you know who (me) got stuck cleaning everything up afterward. Oh well, it was worth it when I saw my two kiddos just thrilled about their creations. They were so excited after seeing their glowing Jack O' Lanterns it was hard to get them to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment