Voting

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jumpin' in the Leaves!

One of my all time favorite activities for autumn is jumping in leaves. Of course, I'm a little too old to do that now but I sure enjoy watching my kids do it. There is just something so special about the crunches and crackles, the smell of dried leaves and a cool, sunny, fall day.

Mike and I were doing yard work. Or, I should say, Mike was doing yard work when I sent the kids out to play. They saw Daddy raking and it turned into a party! We are having some unseasonably warm days here and I have to admit that I LOVE it. It is mid-October and all the leaves are falling off the trees but it is still in the 70's. A rare occasion for a Minnesota fall.


Last year, we really didn't have much of a fall. It was wet and rainy, the trees didn't get much color, and then we had an ice storm that turned into 8 inches of snow by November 8th. Because of the "winter from hell" Lily really didn't get the chance to jump in the leaves last year.

Don't worry. Logan is a pro and he showed her how to do it! They had so much fun together. They ran as fast as they could and then took big jumps into the pile of leaves that Daddy just raked up. Afterward, (they must've felt guilty) they helped Daddy put the leaves into the trash bags. We are trying to teach that sometimes work and play go hand in hand. Have some fun but clean up when your done! I think they are getting the message. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment