When I asked Logan what he wanted to do for his birthday party he told me that he didn't want a Halloween birthday this year. He wanted to have a Buzz Lightyear birthday party so that is what we did. I looked online and found a lot of great accessories for his birthday party like a huge 24" Buzz Lightyear balloon.
Of course, because his birthday party was the day before Halloween we let the kiddos wear their Buzz and Jessie costumes! It was really cute to see brother and sister dressed up in matching character costumes.
It was so fun to watch him blow out the candles on his cake this year. He was a pro at it and lovvvveeddd the Buzz & Woody cake that I made for him. "Oh it is so cool mom!" he exclaimed. His friend Lucas asked if he could have the little figurines that I put on the cake. They were from the dollar store, I really lucked out, so I gave them to Lucas.
Logan got what he had been asking for the entire summer - a big Buzz Lightyear - that was remote controlled. It really is a very neat toy because it sings, dances, talks and lasers. Grandpa found a good deal on one at Toys R Us and asked if he could buy it for our buddy. Logan got a lot of great gifts and we are so thankful for our friends and family that came to the party.
This year we had Logan's preschool friends come to the party as well as family members. I think that as he gets older they will become more friend birthday parties but as long as our family can come we love having them there too! It was nice to meet the kids he plays with from his class!
When it was all said and done it was a fantastic day! Mommy was running around like a madwoman but it was worth it. My little boy had the best party so far and I hope that next year I can pull something just as fun off! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment