Voting

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Partridge Family Fieldtrip - Ren Fest 2010



I admit it. I am a total Ren Fest geek. There is just something so fun about the Renaissance Festival. Did I mention that I worked there as a dunk tank wench? It was one of the first jobs I'd ever had and it was really, really fun. Aside from being plunged into luke warm water during cool fall days. Heckling people, people watching and dressing in period attire more than made up for that. During breaks, the other wenches and I would stroll the grounds and engage in conversations with the "tourists."

I've decided that next year I am going to dress up! It is so much fun, and really, who cares if I don't actually work there. I noticed that so many people dress up that are not actually working for the festival. I think it would be a blast to get Lily and Logan to go too. Logan would look so cute as an Irish peasant boy and Lily would be a beautiful little princess.

We had a really great time as a family at the festival this year. We rode an elephant, the kiddos each rode a pony a couple of times and went on various rides. They absolutely loved the "Butterfly" ride and the "Pirate Ship."

Logan petted a huge Python snake and he and Lily both loved touching a Tortoise that was almost 40 years old! Of course, we went to the petting zoo as well and Logan just loved the old blind horse they had in the barn. He kept asking me if we could feed it an apple. (We didn't have any apples so he tried to feed it some hay but the poor thing couldn't see.)

Of course, one of the best parts of visiting the Renaissance Festival is eating! I couldn't believe it when both kids finished two corn on the cobs and were eating some of Mommy's turkey leg. Usually, Logan doesn't like to try anything new but both he and Lily loved the Turkey leg!

Finally, near the end of the day we took the kids through the enchanted forest. They wanted to badly to go inside the hobbit homes, it was hard to explain to them that they couldn't go inside. They did, however, meet Little Red Riding Hood and a Woodland Fairy asleep in the grass.

There were so many attractions and we ended up doing a lot of walking. More than once we had to stop and rest. It surprised me that Lily wanted to walk most of the time and Logan ended up riding in the stroller when he got tired. She was just a little fireball of energy but passed out on the way home.

We had such a wonderful adventure at the Renaissance Festival. It was too bad that we didn't get to see the jousting, belly dancers, juggler's show or King & Queen during this visit. The kiddos were just too pooped out to stay. I look forward to next year and dressing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment