Voting

Friday, October 22, 2010

Partridge Family Fieldtrip - Hayride 2010


I am one of the many people who really, really loves autumn. Summer is great but to tell the truth I crave the days when I can put on that snugly sweater and enjoy a pumpkin spice latte and some good down home chili! Of course, the other great things about fall are all the fun family activities!

We went on a hayride with the kiddos and it was such a blast! The trip was organized by our ECFE program so we loaded the bus at the Elementary school parking lot with about 20 other families.

It was Lily's first time on a school bus and on a hayride. Logan, Daddy and I went a couple of years ago when Lily was still a baby but this was our first together with the entire family. It was so much fun for the kids! They had a grand old time throwing handfuls of hay on us and at each other.

It was also a very beautiful, warm day! I think it was around 75 degrees so the kids weren't even wearing jackets. We saw some beautiful colors as the hay wagon went through the woods. It was absolutely picturesque as the sun set. This time the hay wagon was pulled by a tractor instead of horses but it was surprisingly quiet.

After the ride, we let the kids play in the dirt pile an don the tire swing. Then we roasted marsh mellows around the campfire. It was great to see Logan trying so hard to melt his marsh mellows without burning them. Usually, they ended up in my tummy since I love the burnt ones!

Finally, it was time to get loaded on the bus and go back home. The kids were definitely tuckered out by that time and Lily was very cranky. All the fresh air and excitement exhausted our little ones and they slept great. I think we will be doing the hayride again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment