
Hello everyone!I know it has been almost a month since I posted but I've been super busy with the children and with weddings. I've finally found the time to post about the wonderful Easter we had this year. I look at the pictures of my adorable children all dressed up and think about how blessed we are. They bring so much happiness to my world as I get to experience and pass on the wonderful traditions from my family of origin to my own kids.
We celebrated a fabulous Easter at my aunt Shari's house on Medicine Lake. The kids absolutely had the most fun running around hunting for Easter eggs and Easter baskets. They also loved exploring the yard and going down the rustic steps to the lake. (The dock wasn't in yet.)

Logan even spotted some ducks and quacked at them. They went down to the lake several times with daddy or with grandpa.
Logan really got the concept about the egg hunt this year and was helping Lily find the Easter eggs. He looked all over the yard and was thrilled to find all the "beautiful eggs" as he called them. After he would find them he would put them in bag I carried with me to collect them. (Mike made a really tasty egg salad with them and had egg salad sandwiches for lunch after Easter.)
Not only were there "beautiful eggs" but my kids looked so sweet in their Easter best. I had so much fun dressing Lily in her pretty peach Easter dress and she loved wearing it! I lucked out and found it at a garage sale for $2.00, that price

is impossible to beat. The lady I bought it from said her daughter only wore it once. I'm sure I will end up donating it for another little girl to wear. :)

What can I say?! The kids were so spoiled with all of the Easter baskets they received. One from each set of Grandparents, one from Great Grandma Nelson and of course one from Mike and I. Yes, my kids got 4 Easter baskets each. I think we might have to limit the Easter baskets in the future but they sure did enjoy getting so much stuff. Now Mike and I have to regulate the new toys and candy.


After eating a big ham dinner, we all headed up to the park while Great Grandma napped. The dinner was absolutely delicious, honey ham, mashed potatoes, corn slop, seven layer salad, and pie! It was such a beautiful day and the kids just wanted to be outside. We brought Logan's bike so he could ride it up to the park.
Logan and Lily really loved going on the merry go round, down the slide, on the swings and just generally playing at a new park.

Mike and I had time to visit with my cousins, my parents and aunts and uncles. It was nice to be able to have a great meal with our family. They enjoyed watching the babies have a blast hunting for eggs, eating candy and playing at the park!
No comments:
Post a Comment