Voting

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Two Littles Monkeys Jumpin on the Bed!

Logan and Lily love to play together and I'm so thankful that we've finally hit this stage. At 2 and 4 they can go out in the backyard and play in the sand box together, jump on the bed together and watch their favorite movies together. I won't lie and say that they never fight, because they do but most of the time they enjoy each others company.

One of their favorite past times to do together is to jump on Logan's bed and sing songs. They especially love it when I sing "Two little monkeys jumpin on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head..." It is really fun to watch them get such joy out of such a simple thing. I guess that is what the most wonderful thing about kids is!

I know that jumping on the bed isn't the safest activity in the world, and we have had a few bumps on the head. But if we protect our kids too much from every little bump and bruise they will never have any fun. I also think jumping on the bed is a learning experience. They learn to share space, control their bodies and gain a bit of courage in the process. I think a bump on the head just might be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment