There have been many projects that I've wanted to accomplish around our house for quite some time but we always seem to get so busy during the summer. It is hard to find the time and money to make some of these changes so when they happen I get really excited about it!
We recently did some landscaping on the side of the house. I replanted flowers that used to be where our vegetable gardens are now along the left side of our house. Before, there was nothing there but weeds so I thought it was the perfect spot to transplant Day Lillies, Sedum, Hostas, and Dahlias. I'm a pretty frugal person and I didn't want to simply throw these plants away just because we decided that a vegetable garden was a better use of the space they used to occupy.
The finishing touch on this little project was adding rock to keep the weeds out and also adding stone edging. I actually found all of the stones for the edging in the woods near our house, and when I would take Lily on a walk I would put two or three in the stroller bag. We also had some left over from the former rock garden.
We've been using the rock all around the yard, not only on the new landscaping but in the front and backyard as well. New rock just makes everything look so fresh! We are putting the remainder of the rock around in the new "bird garden" that surrounds the bird houses. I also plan on painting the bird houses to match our house! It will be so cute.
Yes, we've been busy around here and the kids just love it! Logan was so excited when the dump truck pulled up and dropped of the rocks. He wanted to help Daddy put it in place but he and Lily also had a grand time playing on it. Ahhhh...home improvement, great fun for the kiddos and good for property value.

No comments:
Post a Comment