Voting

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sledding With the Kiddos 2009

We decided to take the kiddos sledding for the first time this winter on Sunday, December 13, 2009. It was Lily's first time ever sledding and Logan's second year of enjoying this wonderful Minnesota tradition.

We have some awesome sledding hills in St. Michael! The one we frequent is behind the community center playground. It is a great little sledding hill that leads down to the soccer field and they even put lights on in the evening so the kids can see where they are going.

It was Sunday, the day was dragging and Mike and I were looking for ways to keep the kids entertained. Logan wanted to go out in the yard and make snow angels. As I started putting on my snowpants, I mentioned to Mike we should take the kids sledding instead. He thought that was a great idea. So we all put on our snow gear and headed to the hill.

Lily had the best time! She is such a little dare devil. We strapped her into the little red sled and Mike would run down the hill with her. She had the biggest smile and her face and would exclaim "weeeeeeee" and giggle when she went down.

Logan went down with mommy the first few times but after a few times he wanted to go by himself! He did just great and had such a fun time. I think this will be an activity we will be doing quite often this winter. I can't wait until they are a little bigger so we can go snow tubing at Elm Creek Park Reserve and also get them on skis or snowboards. :)

After we were done with sledding, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights before going home. It was such a fun winter Sunday with my family. We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment