
I'm usually so busy Christmas Eve because I'm cleaning the house, cooking dinner and wrapping last minute gifts so I knew I wouldn't have time to make Santa some cookies too. That is why the day before Christmas Eve I recruited my favorite little boy to help me make cookies while Lily was taking a nap.
He did so great! He helped me mix the gingerbread ones and he cut out almost all of the little gingerbread men. I had him pat it down like it was play dough and then use the cookie cutter to make them. He also helped me tear off the excess and then I would place the gingerbread man onto the cookie sheet. We sprinkled them with sugar then into the oven they went! He was just thrilled when they were done baking and exclaimed to me "I'm eating his head and it's good!" when he took his first bite. LOL.

I also made gluten free, casein free chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is from Special Diets for Special Kids and it was modeled after Toll-house chocolate chip cookies. For the casein free chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life brand. You can pick them up at any Cub Foods or Coborns. The cookies are fantastic, even Lily was chowing them down! I'm honestly thrilled that I can make these for my kids because they taste great. I can't wait to make cookies for Santa Clause next year. Maybe Lily will be able to help!
Below are the Recipes for the cookies.
GFCF Gingerbread Men
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free all purpose baking flour
1/3 cup Tapioca starch
2 TBL spoons ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil (or other vegetable oil)
1/4 Molasses
2 TBL spoons water
Bake cookeis at 350 F on a greased cookie sheet for 14 minutes.
Combine dry ingredients into a large bowl then add the oil, molasses and water. Mix with a mixer until the dough is crumbly, then knead with your hands until it is the consistency of play dough. Flour your cutting board with a little tapioca starch then roll out or pat down until it is 1/4 inch thick. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter and cut out cookies. After tearing out each man, smoosh the dough into a ball and re-roll again to cut out each additional cookie.
GFCF Chocolate Chip
2 cups of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup potato or Tapioca starch
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup of CF margarine or Ghee
2 eggs* (or the equivalent of one egg if using EnerG egg replacer)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 a bag Enjoy Life GFCF chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a mixer until the mixture is wet and gooey. Roll cookies into balls and place on greased cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes. You can also make cookie bars by placing the mixture into an 8" square pan and baking for approximately 20 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment