Voting

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hansen Tree Farm

Mike and I have had a real tree for Christmas since the first year we were married. We've continued the tradition with our children and up until this year, we always got our tree from a "tree lot" in St. Michael.

We decided that this year Logan would be old enough to enjoy going to a Christmas Tree farm and we would cut our own tree. (Lily is a trooper and likes to do EVERYTHING her big brother is into, so we figured she would enjoy this little outing as well.) We found the most perfect Christmas Tree farm in Anoka. It is called Hansen Tree farm and they have a huge selection of trees.

You can cut down your own tree, or they do have pre-cut ones available...but what is the fun in that? We took the kids to the Blue Spruce section and we walked around the field for awhile looking for a great tree. Mike wanted a short fat one, and I wanted a taller skinnier one. Hmmm, sounds familiar. Maybe our Christmas tree tastes echo what we are drawn to aesthetically. LOL.

In the end we let Logan help us decide. He really liked them all so mommy pointed to the one she wanted and he agreed with me. I think it was a good compromise, it was taller and fatter. Mike then set about cutting the tree down and the kids were excited to watch him do this.

After we picked our tree, we took the kids on a hay ride. They loved that, and it is great to be reminded how simple things are so fantastically fun when you are with exuberant children. We also hung out by the fire, enjoyed some warm cider and hot dogs. Logan and Lily also played in their miniature log cabin while Mike payed for the tree. (He felt the price was a little high but I reminded him we are paying for the experience, not just the tree.) The kids really had a great time and it is a memory I will always cherish. I would really recommend Hansen Tree farm if you are in the area, they have a neat little corner of Minnesota. http://www.hansentreefarm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment