
This year, it was "A Day in the Life of an Elf!" and it was sooooo cute! They showed the elfs doing various chores at Santa's estate in the North Pole. They had them baking cookies, working in the toy workshop, going to school, sleeping and singing carols. They also had a majestic forest of singing Christmas trees.

It was so cool to see the children just fascinated by all of the cool things to look at! Logan was thrilled because everything was just about his size. He wanted so badly to climb up on the displays and play around in the kitchen or climb up onto one of the elf bunk beds. He did an amazing job of restraining himself and just looking with his "looking eyes."

Lily was tired by the time we got up to the display so she was a little cranky. We did have to wait in line for about 20 minutes before making it inside but once we were actually going through it she was OK. She wanted to get down and touch and being a two year old couldn't understand why we weren't allowing her to touch all the pretty things.

It was a very successful trip and even though Lily was a little too young to understand the concept of just looking at all the rooms I think she enjoyed what she saw. I know that next year it will be even more memorable. I've heard that Macy's is going to stop doing the holiday display so I wanted to take my kids to it at least once just in case they decide to discontinue this wonderful tradition. I really hope that they decide to do it every year but I guess we will have to wait and see. What is that saying again? Oh yeah, "All good things must end." I'm just wishing it would end 50 years from now!

No comments:
Post a Comment