Voting

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Christmas Card

Ya know, I never really got into the whole Christmas card thing until Mike and I got married. My mom didn't do them consistently, especially when we got older and busier with sports and school and work. I think she gave up by the time I was a teenager so I don't remember ever sending them out. Well at some point (I think it was the 2nd or 3rd year we were married) I decided it would be a great idea to start the tradition of sending out a photo card and a Christmas letter. I gave up on the Christmas letter because I don't have time to sit down and come up with all the clever things we've done the past year. I think the Christmas photo cards are priceless and so we keep doing them.

For 2009, I thought it would be wonderfully fun to post all of the Christmas Cards from the past and also include the one we will send out this year. I have discovered digital scrapbooking! I love regular old fashioned scrapbooking and will continue to do it so that my kids can have something to actually page through when they are adults, however, digital scrapbooking is pretty cool too. I like to use it for making inspiration boards for my wedding planning blog but I've also found that it is fun to use it to make a unique photo card. Yes, I've spent endless hours geeking out on the computer to create our Christmas card. :)

Here is the card for 2009:

I'm also including the collection of cards from years past. I keep one every year and scrapbook it so that we can look back at our memories from Christmas time.









No comments:

Post a Comment