One of the moms in my MOMS Club (thanks Michelle!) told me about The Tumbleweed Express which is an event that brings a real train that looks like Thomas all over the country. Of course, knowing how much Logan and Lily love Thomas the Train I had to get tickets and go to this event. I'm not going to lie, it was a little bit spendy but well worth it. Besides, they are only little once and before too long they won't want to go anywhere in public with me and Mike.
I can't speak highly enough of the Tumbleweed Express, they sent us real tickets that looked like train tickets and the kids were so excited to hold on to each of theirs. (I actually only let them hang on to them for a minute because I knew they would get lost otherwise.)Not only did we go on a 40* minute train ride there were also a ton of kid friendly activities involving Thomas.
They had an area set up with both the wooden and plastic Thomas the Train toys so each child could play with the miniature trains. Logan and Lily spent at least 30 minutes playing with the other kids at the miniature train station and did a very good job of sharing! I actually saw Logan give another little boy one of the trains he was holding so he could play. The funny thing is, we went to this event on August 8th which also happened to be the hottest day of the year and this area was the ONLY part shaded with tenting.
They also had a mini train ride which both of the kids enjoyed riding. Logan went twice and Lily went once. Lily was off in the castle jumper for awhile and Logan just wanted to ride the train and play with trains. Big surprise!
Another important attraction was the ball pit. I think they spent about 20 minutes baking in there before we finally pulled them out and made them drink some juice boxes. Of course, there was also an area set up inside the freight warehouse with Thomas the Train toys.
I think it was definitely a trap because A) it was the only place that was cooler than riding on "The Real Thomas" and B) There were definitely some items there I have not seen in stores. It took a lot of willpower to say no to the "please, please, please!" Daddy is strong.

The actual train ride was awesome. Thomas the Train pulls up on the tracks and everyone heads to the gates to get loaded on. Mike and I were smart and as soon as he pulled up we got the kiddos attention and headed over to line up. We got in the second car (which a staff member told us was the most air conditioned) and headed up top. The kids loved the view and were so excited to be riding in the passenger cars of the REAL THOMAS.

Logan was smiling a mile wide when he saw Thomas pull up. He was so patient waiting in line while they took our tickets and both he and Lily were great the entire train ride. We got on right away and that was great because we got to sit in air conditioning for twenty minutes while the rest of the people were loaded on. Finally, we went on a nice ride through the country for another twenty minutes. The kids were just enthralled to be on Thomas and looking out the windows of the train.

Mike and I were just happy to be a part of such a special day for our kids. Yeah, it was hot, a little spendy, and our kids were cranky by the end of the day but it was well worth it all. I'm sure Logan will remember this forever.

It is an AWESOME event! I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete