Voting

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Park Project - Part 3 - Big Woods Park, Delano


This year I have discovered some great parks but I think that my favorite (and the kiddos' too) has to be Big Woods Park. It is part of the Lake Rabecca Park Reserve in Delano and it is absolutely wonderful.

They created the park around the "Big Woods" theme so all of the playground equipment looks like old logs, log cabins, tree houses, caves, and rock walls. The neatest part of this park is definitely the tree house. It sits about three stories high, with ladders and stairs leading to base. From there the kids can climb up the inside of a tree trunk to get to the tree house and slide down on a huge slide.

They also have a huge log that the kids like to climb into and a log cabin playhouse. Logan and Lily spent over an hour playing while I relaxed in the shade at our picnic table. This place is huge and has lots of picnic tables and a picnic pavilion.

Lake Rebecca is also part of this park. It is the cutest, pristine little swimming beach and I am so happy that we found this place!
The beach is part of the park reserve so there are canoes, paddle boats and other water toys you can rent. They also have a huge fishing dock. The beach has two huge umbrellas and also a lot of tree for shade.
I love that this lake is part of the park system, so there are no houses on it and the views are amazing!

Logan and Lily spent almost two hours swimming. This is definitely an all day field trip if you plan on going! Pack a lunch, snacks and swimgear and you and your family will be ready for a day of fun. We've already gone twice this summer and I hope to go back a third time before the weather gets too cool. I would love for Mike to come with us because he hasn't seen this place yet. Even if we don't make it again this year, I know that we will be visiting Big Woods Park and Lake Rabecca again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment