Voting

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Park Project - Part 2 Hanover Park


Hanover Park is just a mile or two away from us which is perfect because it is too far to walk to but only a short drive. I think the kids feel like they are going a lot farther away then they actually are because we take the van to this park.

I love that Hanover Park has a huge playground nestled under 100 year old Oak trees that provide wonderful shade on a hot day. They also have a picnic pavilion and nice bathrooms. I took the kids here when I wanted to keep them entertained but I didn't want to drive too far.

They played for about two hours and we had a nice snack at the picnic pavilion. It was a great no fuss field trip. I like that we have such a nice park system in the western burbs and I intend to take full advantage of the many fantastic playgrounds in our area. If you are ever out near St. Michael, Hanover Park is a wonderful playground to visit.

During the year they host all kinds of fun activities such as the Hanover Festival and an Easter Egg Hunt a day or two before Easter. We have a great time here and I'm sure we will be back many times over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment