Voting

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Park Project - Part 1 Triangle Park, Rogers MN


Summer is definitely more laid back for us compared to the school year so I have to find ways to keep the kids busy. I came up with the idea of "free field trip day" because there are a lot of things you can do with your little ones that are very inexpensive or free!

What I have found to be the most exciting for my kiddos, ages 2 and 4, is going to different playgrounds in the cities surrounding us. I call it "The Park Project." Once a week, we try a different playground. It can be as near to us as a bike ride or in another county all together.

Our first free field trip was to Triangle Park in Rogers. I had heard through Moms Club and ECFE that this park was really nice so we took off early one morning to try it out. I brought our mid morning snack and the kids played for over an hour!

Triangle Park has lots of mature trees so there is plenty of shade. It also had a pavilion area with plenty of picnic tables. In fact, they had "Art in the Park" going on for school aged children when we visited.

The kids really enjoyed the playground. It had a lot of things for preschool and school aged children. Lily was able to do some things but not all of them. This park is perfect for the four year old set, though. It has plenty of things to climb, jump off of and slide down. They also have nice swings. I think we will visit this park again because it had a decent playground with plenty of shade and parking! The kids had a great time playing and eating their snack in the park. They also liked watching the big kids make their art projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment