Voting

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

IndependEnce Day Tradition - Radisson Arrowwood

When I was a child, every year we would go up to Raddisson Arrowwood a resort located in Alexandria. It had everything we could ever hope to do on a Minnesota vacation - golf, swimming, family contests and games, dances, horse back riding, a park, and long winding hallways that just begged us to run down them screaming.

So many things on the resort are the same but there have also been some major improvements. In addition to an indoor and outdoor pool, they've added a water park. It has three awesome adult water slides and a kiddie water park, hot tub and snack bar. They've also added a nice new playground and a mini-golf course. The marina has been relocated and a number of water toys have been added to the repertoire, most notably Jet Skis. They've also built town houses that can be rented by families with their own decks and fire pits. Home away from home. I think this would be absolutely fun to rent out with my cousins and their families. Finally, they replaced Luigi's, which used to be an arcade, and made it into a luxury spa. I miss Luigi's but I think the spa was a good idea.




We did so much on our vacation to Arrowwood this year and I feel so blessed that we can carry on this tradition with our kids. They loved every minute of it. Logan learned how to swim with a life jacket, and they both spent hours at the water park. We took them horse back riding, on a pontoon ride, and watched a fantastic fireworks display from our veranda. The kids did so great horse back riding! Even Lily tried it and she held onto the saddle like a big girl and did lead line. I cannot believe how confident they both were sitting up on those big horses!




We were located right next to Rafters bar and after the children were asleep we would walk a few paces and have some drinks with the family. It was lovely because we could see our hotel room from the bar and thus keep an eye on the children but still enjoy ourselves after 10pm.


The kids woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed every day. They enjoyed playing at the park and playing with their favorite big kid Uncle Ross. He would swim with them in the pool for hours and Lily loved to jump off the ledge into his arm.
They also loved swimming with mommy and Daddy and Logan finally got the courage to go into the deep end. He was doggy paddling like a pro by the end of our vacation. Mommy got to have a back rub at the spa and Daddy got to play a round of golf with my dad and brother. We all had a great time eating out at the deck bar or enjoying brunch at The Lakes hotel restaurant.

I look forward to making wonderful memories with my kids at this place. I have so many from my childhood and it feels like the right thing to do to pass this family tradition on. Who knows, maybe my kids will bring their children to Raddisson Arrowood when they are grown ups! I don't doubt it will still be there, better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment