Voting

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Logan's 4th Birthday/Halloween Festivities

Logan is now four. I absolutely cannot believe it. Just yesterday he was born, just yesterday he took his first steps, just yesterday he said "mama", just yesterday he rode his bike...with training wheels. Ugh! Where does the time go? I know, I know. It is the mother's lament but still it goes so so fast and nothing quite prepares you for it.

I admit, there are days that feel like forever but even those pass quickly. Anyway, on to what I should be talking about. Logan had a fabulous birthday. We are blessed to have such a loving and wonderful family. Both sets of Grandparents, Great Grandma Nelson, Uncle Jeff, Auntie Crissy and cousins Tyler, Jakob and Gavin (in utero) were present. It was fantastic to be surrounded by our loved ones.

We let the boys play, sang "Happy Birthday" ate some GFCF cake, and opened presents. Logan was happy about all his stuff but the Thomas the Train Carnival set from GG Nelson definitely was his favorite. Mike set it up for the boys to play and they had a great time. Later on he discovered the rest of his toys, play dough, Mr. Potato Head, Chalk Gun, Thomas bath toys, Mr. Doodlebug.... Thanks to everyone for your fantastic gifts!

Halloween Night was also very fun. Logan was his favorite character "Curious George" and Lily was a Mermaid. This was a strategic costume on my part to keep her in her stroller! She is a bit of a Daredevil and I did not want her running into the street at night.

She loved being a Mermaid and sat happily in her stroller. Logan did a great job ringing the doorbell and saying "Trick or Treat!". I got so many compliments on how adorable they were. I couldn't agree more. :)

Finally, later in the evening Mike and I went out while Grandma S watched the kiddos. Mike was Babar and I was a gypsy. We were originally planning on going to the Woodland Hills Winery but their event ended at 8pm so we were unable to make it. Then we decided to go to Anoka AKA Halloween Capital but the party we wanted to go was sold out at 9 pm! We ended up in Albertville at Majors and saw my cousin Melissa and her boyfriend Chase. It was a great time!

JUST A NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE IMAGES BETTER JUST CLICK ON THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment