Voting

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Apple Jack Orchard 2009

Mike and I were lucky that the first nice weekend we had in October we took the kids to 101 Market Pumpkin Patch and Apple Jack Orchard. Apple Jack Orchard is located in Delano and it is the most perfect place to go apple picking. They have a huge orchard and we even took a tractor ride touring it!

Logan and Lily love Apple Jack's. It is situated right on the Crow River with breathtaking views in the fall. They have so much fun stuff for kids to do such as lead line pony rides, hay bale slide, apple picking, petting zoo and all types of fun things to climb on.

Lily loved going down the hay bale slide! She was such a trouper crawling up right after her big brother! Of course it was filled with other little people crawling up the bales and sliding down over and over. I think we spent a good twenty minutes at that attraction!

Next, we headed over to feed the goats and chickens. Logan got his fingers pecked a couple times trying to "feed" the hens leaves like the other kids were doing. He learned pretty quick not to do that. The goats were a bit more friendly, licking the kids and getting petted.

I was really surprised when Logan saw the lead line ponies and wanted to go on. I kept asking him if he was sure he wanted to ride and he answered "yes" every time I asked so we got in line. He was a little impatient while we were waiting, saying "It's my turn now, go, go!" After about five minutes of waiting it was our turn and he hopped on that horse with no fear! I was more nervous for him than I needed to be, he was a pro and had the hugest smile on his face the entire time! It's a good thing that Mike took Lily into the gift shop to buy apples or she would've had a fit wanting to ride the pony too. Maybe next year!

After the pony ride and some down time hanging out by the beautiful river we decided to take the kids on a tour of the orchard. We hopped in the back of the wagon pulled by a tractor and got to see all the varieties of apples grown. They also have a corn maze, apple toss and animal train but we didn't get to those things this year. All in all it was a fabulous day and we got the best Honey Crisp apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment