We have been so busy lately! Usually, Mike and I like to take the kids to a tree farm to get our Christmas tree but this year we ended up buying one in town. We went to the Rum River Tree lot and it was just as exciting for the kids. They wandered through a maze of fantastic pine trees.
Daddy stumbled upon our perfect tree. It was Balsum Fir and it had short needles. (Great for me because I hate vacuuming up the long ones, they clog my vacuum!) It was short but full, perfect for our family room. We were happy that the kids agreed it was the one!
Logan and Lily were all aglow when we got home. Immediately, it was time to set up and decorate the tree. Mommy and Daddy did all the prep work of getting the tree bag and tree stand in position. Finally we got the tree upright. Then we turned on the Christmas tunes and started decorating.
The kids helped Mommy string the lights, put on the (fake) cranberry strands and pine cone bundles. Then we diligently hung our many Christmas ornaments. ( I laughed at the cluster of ornaments on the bottom of the tree and sneakily moved them to areas that needed decoration.) Logan had a great time putting on the ornaments he's made at preschool over the years.
Finally, the tree was finished and our Angel needed to go on top. Logan did it last year so it was Lily's turn this year. Daddy held her up high and she placed it on the top of the tree in our little grand finale.
I'm really glad the kids enjoy doing this with me so much and I hope it never stops. We rock out to all the great Christmas music and make our tree look beautiful. What could be better than a little family time?

No comments:
Post a Comment