Voting

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Family Tradition - 4th of July at Raddisson Arrowwood






We are so blessed that we can continue the tradition of going to Raddisson Arrowwood over the fourth of July, just like I did growing up! This place is amazing. It has so much to do for kids and grown ups alike.


My kids spent the majority of their time in the pool or the indoor water park. I love going to the water park because they have three enormous water slides that rival those at Valley Fair. The first time I went down, I had to scream out "Goonies!" LOL. The water park also has a very nice kids area with two mini water slides and other play features.

Not only did we spend countless hours at the pool, we went horseback riding. The kiddos did lead line.

They were just as brave as last year! Logan was smiling the entire time. He even told the horse to "giddy up." Lily was also a brave girl and she loved the horses. I wish I hadn't forgotten to bring the apple for them to feed the horses.


Me and my brother, his girlfriend Bree and my cousin all went horseback riding. Did I mention it was Bree's first time on a horse? It got spooked by duck, bucked a little bit and then that scared my horse and my cousins horse. They started running up the hill! The poor guide had to get all our horses back in line. I loved it because I know how to ride and walking the trail is kind of boring. A little trot never (or shouldn't) hurt anyone. :)


In addition to the water park, pools and cocktails, and horse back riding we also went on a pontoon ride. Lily fell asleep she was so wiped out from the days activities. It was really fun to go on a relaxing boat ride around the lake and look at all the spectacular houses on Lake Darling.

In addition to all the fun on the resort, we went with my cousin and her boyfriend to the Carlos Creek Winery. It was so fun to do some wine tasting and tour the beautiful vineyard. We learned a lot about how they make the wine and even got to see the barrels in the wine cellar!

On the fourth of July, Raddisson hosts an awesome fireworks show. We watched it from Ross' balcony! He had an amazing room that looked out over the entire field. The kids absolutely loved staying up late and watching "the colors in the sky" as Lily so eloquently said.

This tradition is one I hope we continue throughout the years. I have so many fond memories of going there over every fourth as a child and I want to give my kids the same wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment