The fire tower is a play replica of actual fire towers built in the the 1930s for the Civilian Conservation Corpes under Franklin D. Roosevelt (pretty much one of the greatest Presidents ever). FUN FACT - I went to Roosevelt Middle School. :) The towers were built so that forest fires could be spotted, radioed in to the fire department and keep them from spreading.
The fire towers were put in heavily wooded forest areas and men would take turns camping out for weeks and watching for forest fires. I thought it was so cool that they erected a steel mini replica of fire tower for kids to explore. It came with telescopes which Logan spent the majority of his time looking through!
In addition to that, they have an Abe Lincoln style log cabin, hollowed out log, tree fort, and cave. The tree house is so cool! It goes up three stories from the ground and has a long windy slide to the bottom. Why didn't we have parks like this when I was little?
Lake Rabecca is a pristine little lake with a really nice beach. It has plenty of shade,a sandy bottom and picnic tables. Since it is run by the DNR the view is beautiful because there are no houses on the lake! :) I also love the water quality, the lake goes deep about half way through the the swimming area and there is no seaweed or algae!
My kiddos love coming here. It is the perfect getaway for a hot summer day when mom has nothing planned! We came here on a moments notice when I saw that the kids were hot and bored and it has been a favorite destination this entire summer.
We even went one 90 degree night
after Mike got home from work. He agreed that it was the perfect hang out for families. It is so weird that this little gem of a place isn't as busier but truthfully, I'm glad it is not. :)
We've spent the day here playing, swimming then playing again. I know that we will use Lake Rabecca Park Reserve in the many years ahead. I hope you discover it too!

No comments:
Post a Comment