I love Halloween! It has always been my favorite holiday and now that I have a kiddo that was almost born on Halloween, I love it even more! Logan came into the world at 5:56am on 11.1.05. I can't believe that was 6 years ago?!
Anyway, to celebrate his birthday this year Logan actually wanted a Halloween theme. (It varies from year to year which is fine with me.) I really didn't know what theme to go with. Should we do something cute or something scary? Logan wanted it to be spooky. I started watching American Horror Story on FX.
I looked on Google images for some inspiration and found all kinds of simple specimen jar projects.
Of course, because this was a spooky Halloween birthday, the food had to be gory too. My husband made "witches fingers" out from his artisan bread recipe. They looked like knarled fingers but tasted amazing! I made "brains" from Kraft Homestyle Mac n Cheese and we also served meat balls that looked like they were coated in blood (ketchup). Mike made some of his famous "Green vomit" (guacamole & chips) and my Mother in Law brought some awesome chili-cheese dip and chips.
For the drinks we served "witches brew" punch, "Beetle Juice" (Diet Pepsi) and "Blood - Type O Negative" (Cranberry Sierra Mist.) I created his "Grim Reaper" cake and it was just a simple spice cake with cream cheese frosting (food colored orange) and drizzled in a chocolate glaze with a cute cake topper.
Logan wanted to have a bonfire for his birthday so we hosted it in the garage. I had Mike hang black plastic everywhere to hide all of our clutter and create a spooky space. Then we strung Halloween lights everywhere. It really looked great when we got everything set up.
We played Halloween party music and people could go back and forth from the bonfire to the garage. Of course, the kiddos ended up playing night games. There is something just so fun about playing tag in the dark!
Of course, it was a costume party! It was so cute to see all the kids dressed up in their costumes. Logan was Optimus Prime because he is obsessed with the Transformers right now.
Lily was a purple fairy because she loves all things princess, and fairy right now. Jake and Gavin were cute dinosaurs and Maya was a ballerina! Mike was a train conductor and I was Pippi Longstocking. :) My brother and his girlfriend were Spy vs Spy, one white and one black (they were so cute!)
We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to help us celebrate Logan's Halloween birthday in style. I know that he loved it because he told me, "Mommy, this was the best birthday ever!" It was hard work but well worth it! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment