Voting

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bittersweet Milestone - Logan starts Kindergarten


I really cannot believe that my baby is in Kindergarten. I know this day happens for moms all over the USA so I'm not unique in any way but I still can't help feeling that I'm somehow experiencing this uniquely! It was bittersweet for our family as we walked him to the bus stop. We made the day extra special with Daddy and Lily coming along.

I am happy that my son gets to go to Kindergarten and he is SO EXCITED about it. At the same time, I am a little sad. It just went so fast! I truly remember him being a baby, and I know I'm going to blink my eyes and be sending him off to college. I will say "But I just put him on the bus to Kindergarten yesterday!"

It is so true that time as a parent is extremely mind bending. On the one hand, it seems to move so slow. You know, when you were up all night with a sick baby or those long winter days when the kids are climbing up the walls and you just need a break. Then again, time goes by so very fast when you are a mom or dad. You find yourself remembering that just yesterday we were teaching him to walk and now he is riding a bike with no training wheels! I sit back and wonder, has all that time really passed?

So, I held it together and got him on the bus for his first day of Kindergarten. Walking back from the bus stop I got that lump in my throat and tears welled up in my eyes. I wiped them away quickly and smiled. A new chapter! We are blessed that we get more time that will fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment