Voting

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lily's 3rd Birthday

Wow, time flies so fast! My darling daughter is now three. It has been a week and I still can't believe what a big girl she is! I really had a great time styling her birthday party. It was challenging because she wanted a "Jessie" party. Of course, everything from Toy Story 3 is Buzz and Woody related so I had to make all of her party materials from scratch.

It was so worth it and such a fun party! She got to wear her Jessie costume again and was so please to see the cow print from Jessie's pants everywhere! It truly was a Jessie party. I made sure to use colors that coordinated with Jessie, such as white, black red and little accents of yellow.


We served tacos with all the fixin's because Jessie is a cowgirl and cowgirls come from the Southwest! We had chips, salsa and guacamole, cookies, cornbread muffins, punch, bottles of milk and birthday cake!

It was so fun to create cute little cupcake toppers with a picture of Jessie and Jessie's hat on them. I got to use my scrapbook paper and Silhouette SD cutter to make them. I also created little bottles of milk that looked like cows by using a black paint pen to create the spots and filling them with milk. For the finishing touch they each got a coordinating Jessie or hat sticker. I put the bottles of milk in an old milking pail for decoration.


Other cute designs I created were the black, white and red tissue paper balls that I hung from our ceiling. I also created a "Happy Birthday" banner with cow print circles and red letters that I cut out using my Silhouette. I hung them on some twine using clothespins. I made the party guests favor bags by using plain, old paper sacks but I used raffia to tie the top and put on a Jessie sticker. I custom made the stickers and printed them onto sticker paper using my home printer.

I also had to hand sew the cow print runners. I found a great deal on the fabric at Walmart and this little purchase it what set the whole theme in motion!After I purchased the fabric I found super cute cow balloons online and I just knew these accents were going to look so cute!


Then I decided to make cow print napkin rings and roll the plastic silverware in red napkins. It turned out so cute! I wrapped an old shoe box in brown shipping paper and tied raffia around it to make a silverware bin.I also personalized the red paper cups by putting on a strip of cow print sticker paper and also a Jessie or Hat sticker.


For the main table I created a cute centerpiece using red carnations and a square white tin that I found at the Good Will store. It looked so cute and absolutely popped against the cow print runner.

In addition, I created a "Pin the hat on the Jessie" game for the kids to play. I simply purchased some foam core board and blew up pictures of Jessie that I found from Google images. I then had it printed out and glued it on the foam core. I used my
cutter once again to put the title of the game on the board. I also found a picture of a Jessie hat, blew it up, printed it out and used clear contact paper to "laminate" them. These were the hats the kids would use to pin on the Jessie. I tied a bandanna around their eyes and spinned them around before they tried to pin on the hat!

I also made a "Jessie" cake using an edible frosting image. I'm not the best at crafting cakes but it certainly tasted good! We had such a fun time eating tacos,


chatting with friends and family and watching the kids play with each other. Lily got a lot of fantastic presents and we are so blessed that we have so many wonderful friends and family members that came to her party!


It was a really fun day and I'm so glad that I could create a Jessie party for my daughter. It took a lot of time and creativity but it turned out really cute and she was so happy with it. SO WORTH IT!

1 comment: