
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is decorating the Christmas tree. For the first time this year both kids understood what we were doing and wanted to participate. It was so cute to watch how excited they were to be helping! They even started singing "Oh Christmas Tree" together while they were putting the ornaments on.

I also love to have Christmas music blaring while we decorate the house. There is just something so wonderful about listening to your favorite Christmas tunes while making the house look festive. We heard a lot of favorites while hanging up ornaments.


Logan had so much fun watching me put up the lights. He couldn't wait for them to be wound around the tree so that he could start hanging ornaments. As you might guess, the little ones had clusters of ornaments on the bottom and middle parts of the tree. Mike and I had to strategically rearrange the ornaments so that the entire tree got decorated. Of course, each of them had to help us put the ornaments "up high."

Every year I try to buy ornaments for the kids to put on the tree. Which reminds me that I haven't done that this year! I'm sure I will be able to find something really cute up at our local Thrifty White, they have the cutest gifts.

Anyway, it a tradition that they each get a new ornament every year and hopefully when they grow up they will take the ornaments with them for their own homes. Of course, if they want me to keep them, I would be happy about that too!

When we put the final touches on the tree we told Logan that this year he would get to put the Angel on top.

This is the first year he has done it, usually it is Daddy's job. He was so excited to add the last ornament. "Oh, our tree is so beautiful!" both of the kids commented. They couldn't wait to start putting presents under it. I hope to get a few more good years of Christmas tree decorating excitement out of them before it becomes a chore. For now, I will enjoy the excitement of my little ones helping to make the season bright.
No comments:
Post a Comment