Well, this summer I decided I wanted to make Lily some cute shorts outfits and maybe a couple of dresses. I found a pattern at Walmart on sale for $1.50 and they always have fabric on sale for $1 per yard. So I picked up some sale fabric and this is my first attempt at a cutesy girl outfit.
I admit it could be better and now there are some things I have learned for the next outfit. (Like not to make the straps so wide because Lily has smaller shoulders.) It is a good thing that this fabric was so cheap so I don't feel so bad that it isn't quite the quality of a boutique baby store. Still, I hope to practice and get better. I just need to find the time! It took me almost 2 days to finish this outfit.
I think that when fall and winter hit, I will have tons more time and that is when I will attempt to make some cute summer outfits for next year. I think I will also have a little more patience. I admit that I was in a rush to get this done because I have hard time focusing on craft projects when I should be working!
The nice thing is, fabric is so cheap and I can even buy pocket folds used for quilting and turn those into outfits for Lily. I think the next thing I sew for her will be a dress. I'm so thankful to my grandma for teaching me to sew! I could never have even tried something like this if she hadn't shown me the way around a sewing machine.

No comments:
Post a Comment